Cardinal Scholar >
- Increase your work's usage, impact, and citation
- Promote Open Access publishing
- Increase the reach of Ball State University
- Establish an online portfolio
- Free and easy records preservation
- Promote your group
Departments and Organizations
- Grant access to researchers
- Facilitate interdepartmental collaboration
- Preserve work
What To Contribute?
- Published and unpublished papers
- Course materials
- Committee minutes, reports, and records
- Course projects and assignments
- Materials from groups and organizations
- Departmental Reports
- Promotional Materials
How to contribute
Cardinal Scholar is designed to provide users with a simple, streamlined process for depositing files in the repository for worldwide access. To deposit an item to the repository, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Cardinal Scholar by entering your Ball State username (with @bsu.edu extension) and password.
- Select Communities and Collections on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the appropriate collection to which you will be depositing the item or items. Faculty and students should deposit to the department with which they are affiliated. University departments should deposit to the relevant department. Student organizations should deposit to the Student Organizations collection.
- Select the "Submit to This Collection" button.
- Enter descriptive information about the item you are depositing into the fields provided. Consult the on-screen help text to guide your entering of descriptive information about the item or view our More Help page. When completed, select the "Next" button.
- Upload the file or files associated with the deposit by selecting the "Browse" button. Locate the file you wish to upload to the repository, select the file, and select "Open" and the select "Next."
- If you would like to add an additional file, select "Add Another File" and repeat step 6. If not, select Next. If multiple files are added, use the Description option to provide brief descriptions of the separate files. Then select "Next" to advance to the verification screen.
- Verify that all information entered is correct. Select the "Correct one of these" button to change information added about the deposit, or select "Add or Remove a File" if necessary. Select "Next."
- Read the Non-Exclusive Distribution License presented on screen and select "I Grant the License" if you agree to the terms.
- The deposit process is now complete. The item or items deposited will now be available for worldwide access.